Bronte Public School


Telephone02 9389 4527


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

How to enrol - Year 6 into Year 7

In NSW government schools, applying to move from primary school to high school is a 2-step process that starts with an Expression of Interest. Visit the moving to high school page to learn more about the process.

  • If you have received an offer from our school for placement into Year 7 next year, the next step is to visit online enrolment to proceed with the offer and complete the enrolment application.
  • If you did not submit an expression of interest or are not eligible, visit online enrolment to start a new application to our school.
  • If you submitted your expression of interest using a paper form, or would prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form.

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.


New student information form

Please complete the below form to provide the school with information about your child to support a smooth transition to Bronte for your child.  When parents and educators collaborate, it strengthens the child's identity and enhances their learning. 

Student information form 

Enrolment policy 

Book a school Tour 
Please complete the following form to book a school tour with the principal. 


Enrolment of Kindergarten students

Children may be enrolled in Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if they turn five years of age by 31 July of that year. Documentation providing proof of age is required.

Enquiries for kindergarten enrolment may be made during school hours. Applications for enrolment will be accepted from the commencement of Term 1 of the year prior to enrolment.

The Public Health (Amendment) Act 1992 requires parents to provide documented evidence of a child’s immunisation status on enrolment at school. Parents have the right of not having their children immunised. However, in the event of an outbreak of a vaccine preventable disease, non-immunised children will be required to remain at home for the duration of the outbreak.

All applications for both in area enrolments and sibling out of area enrolments will be accepted on a first in basis.

A wait list will be created for all non-local students. The initial order of the wait list will be on date of complete lodgement of forms and accompanying documentation.

Early in Term 3, the out of area committee will review the waiting list to determine placement positions offered. The committee will then look at the wait list in terms of the criteria outlined above.

Bronte PS Kindergarten Form


Early enrolment of students who are considered to be gifted and talented

When a student is being considered for early enrolment in Kindergarten, the school will carry out a comprehensive evaluation of intellectual functioning, academic skills and social-emotional adjustment. This will be undertaken by the school counsellor and may incorporate advice from registered psychologists. Input from the student’s parents will also be considered.

A review of current research reveals a consensus that, for successful outcomes, a child should be within 6 months of approved entry age.


Enrolment of students with special needs

Enrolment applications for students with special needs will be considered within the context of the school’s capacity to meet those needs, specifically through:

  • availability of funding, specialist teachers and consultancy services
  • modification of buildings and/or facilities
  • provision of specialised equipment
  • access to special transport services.

The decision to enrol a student with a disability, and with what level of support, will depend on a number of factors including the student’s educational needs, the expressed desires of parents and caregivers, the capacity of the school to provide the above support services and the availability of appropriate support services in alternative locations.

An appraisal of the student’s needs will be carried out by the Principal, in consultation with parents and caregivers, the school counsellor, relevant district special education support staff and other educational, health or medical professionals as determined appropriate.


Enrolment of non-Australian citizens

Non-Australian citizens will be enrolled in accordance with the procedures set out in Enrolment of Students in Government Schools: A Summary and Consolidation of Policy.


Transfer applications

Students transferring from another NSW Government school will be required to provide a relevant Student Transfer Certificate. If this is not provided the school will immediately seek such a certificate from the student’s last known Government school attended.


Short term attendance

Students will be accepted for short term enrolment for reasons such as parents visiting the locality for a brief period or a student being involved in a special program. Short term enrolment periods will not exceed one term.

Short term enrolments must be considered in the context of other relevant sections of this document.


Refusal of enrolment

The Principal may refuse enrolment of a student on the grounds of previously documented violent behaviour if there is evidence that the student has not learnt the appropriate skills to manage this behaviour.

The principal has the delegated authority to refuse the enrolment of any out of area, international and age inappropriate student.